Planned Giving: The Heritage Society
Historic Bethlehem shares the stories of three centuries of our history, preserves priceless historic structures adding to the ambiance and economic viability of our downtown, and collects and exhibits artifacts reflecting the life and times of this region.
Endowment funds provide the solid foundation to ensure that Historic Bethlehem will continue to meet the challenges of providing high quality programming for youth and adults, excellent care of our collections, and preservation of our historic buildings and landscapes.
The Heritage Society has been established to express our appreciation to all who have contributed deferred or outright gifts to the endowment funds.
Please consider becoming a member of the Heritage Society. Your gift to the endowment will enable us to be good stewards of Bethlehem's heritage. As a member, you will play an important role in this effort to preserve and share our remarkable heritage with future generations.
Your contribution can be:
* Outright gift of cash, securities, or real estate
* Planned gift through bequest, charitable annuity/trust, or an insurance policy
Endowment Funds of Historic Bethlehem support:
* General operations
* Collections and exhibitions
* Programming for youth and adults
* Preservation of historic structures and grounds
Your gift may be added to the Heritage Fund of Historic Bethlehem which provides operating support for all of our museums and historic sites. Or you may choose to contribute a gift benefiting a specific affiliate or area of interest. A new fund can be named for gifts of $25,000 and above. The existing funds with a brief description are listed below.
If you are interested in learning more about our endowment giving opportunities, please contact
Charlene Donchez Mowers
610-882-0450 ext. 11
Vice President/Managing Director
610-882-0450 ext. 16
Historic Bethlehem Partnership
The Heritage Fund established in 1995 provides general operating support for all of HBP and its affiliates. The individual HBP funds provide support for specific areas of interest across the Partnership:
* Amalia J. Donchez Archives Fund
* Bruce and Joanne Haines Fund for Marketing
* Jane Fisher Library Fund
* Merle-Smith Art and Antiques Fund
* Donald and Mary Trautlein Library and Archives Fund
* Johnson Fund
The Burnside Plantation Founders Fund established in the 1990s supports the operations at Burnside Plantation.
Historic Bethlehem Incorporated
The Historic Bethlehem Inc. Fund established in 1998 provides support for all of HBI's operations including the Colonial Industrial Quarter, the 1810 Goundie House and the Visitor Center. The individual HBI funds provide support for specific areas of interest related to HBI.
* 1810 Goundie House Fund
* Dennis E. Benner Fund
* Robert H. Littner Fund
* Sarah and Abigail Thomson Smithy Fund
* Horace Miller Fund
The Kemerer Museum Fund established in the 1950s provides support for all operations of the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts. The individual KMDA funds provide support for specific areas of interest related to the Kemerer Museum.
* Jan Bealer Christmas Fund
* Bealer/Greene Family Kemerer Museum Fund
* Blackwood-Schweitzer Fund
* Helen & Maurice Jones Education Fund
* Kemerer Museum Building Fund
* Elizabeth Johnston Prime Dollhouse Fund
* Elizabeth Johnston Prime Purchase Fund
* Ernest M. Schneider Lecture Fund
The Preservation Fund established in the 1940s provides support for all operations of the Moravian Museum of Bethlehem, including the 1752 Apothecary, 1758-65 Nain-Schober House, and 1741 Gemeinhaus. The individual MMB funds provide support for specific areas of interest related to the Moravian Museum.
* Apothecary Garden Fund
* Musselman Building Fund
* Richmond Myers Collections Fund
* Single Sisters' House Fund
* Miriam R and Robert S. Taylor Music Fund
* Jeanette Barres Zug Lecture Fund
Thank you to all of our generous donors who have established individual endowment funds or who have contributed gifts to funds benefitting HBP, a specific affiliate or area of interest. You know that your endowment gift will live on in perpetuity.