The Christianized American Indian village of Nain, located one mile west from the Gemeinhaus, was dismantled in 1765 when the American Indians were forced by the colonial Pennsylvania government to move west. This house was acquired by Andreas Schober, who took it down piece by piece and re-erected it at the southwest corner of Heckewelder Place and Market Street.
To save it from being demolished, it was taken down piece by piece once again in 1905 and then re-erected at its present location on Heckewelder Place. It is the only surviving structure from that village.
The building was owned by the Moravian Church and leased as a private residence until 1992 when it was purchased by the Moravian Museum of Bethlehem. Through generous gifts and grants, the exterior was completed in 2012 and interior stabilization was completed at the end of 2013.