Blueberry Festival Volunteers
Volunteer At the Blueberry Festival
4 Reasons to Volunteer at the Blueberry Festival
- FREE Festival Admission and Blueberry Festival t-shirt
- Complimentary slice of delicious blueberry pie or bowl of ice cream
- Meet new, like-minded people who love to Volunteer
- Support a community tradition and 275+ years of local Bethlehem history
Volunteers are needed for:
- Festival Set-up on
- Monday through Friday, July 15-19 from 8 am - 3 pm.
- Day of the Festival
- Saturday and Sunday.
- Available shifts include:
- Morning 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Afternoon 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- Evening 3:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Sunday clean-up from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
|Set-Up & Tear Down||Help get the site ready the week preceding the festival, or help us clean-up Sunday night.|
|Parking Attendants||Assist with directing visitor and volunteer parking.|
|Runners||Help out throughout the whole festival, assist with the efforts of all the volunteer stations and lend a hand where needed, help keep the grounds of historic Burnside Plantation looking clean and beautiful throughout the festival.|
|Beverage & Food||Serve blueberry based food and drinks to visitors, the most popular part of the festival!|
|Family Tours & Activities||Share the fun of colonial games and assist with crafts, tours of the plantation, and other great family oriented activities!|
|Entrance Attendants||Provide information about the festival and Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites to guests, accept admission and distribute tickets.|
Blueberry Festival Volunteer Details
Saturday, July 13 at 10:00 am
Burnside Plantation, 1461 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem, PA 18018
You will receive a Festival Map, Volunteer Parking Pass, and festival t-shirt as well as instruction on your position. Light refreshments will be served.
Volunteers will have a designated parking zone and receive a parking pass at the Volunteer Orientation. Parking details to come.
Volunteers should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled shift time to check in, get to their festival position and have enough time to get ready. We welcome you to arrive early to enjoy the festival or to start helping sooner!
- Blueberry Festival t-shirt: If you have a Blueberry Festival t-shirt from a previous year, please wear it! Blueberry Festival shirts are limited, and sizes are first come first serve. If you do not have a shirt, one will be provided to you at the Volunteer Orientation, or you can pick one up at the Visitor Center the week prior to the festival or when you check in on the day of the shift.
- Comfortable shoes: preferably with a closed toe for those in the dessert tent.
- Hat or visor: Dessert tent volunteers MUST wear a hat or visor at all times inside the tent. Hats are not provided, so please bring one with you. Dessert tent volunteers without the appropriate head covering will be asked to volunteer elsewhere.
It is likely to be hot; sunglasses, sunscreen, and extra water are recommended. Water will be available on-site for volunteers, but it never hurts to bring an extra bottle. We also recommend being prepared for rain!
In addition to a Blueberry Festival t-shirt, volunteers will receive a free slice of pie or scoop of ice cream each day they volunteer and free admission on the day that they volunteer.
Any students who require paperwork must submit to Kelly Sanders after the festival for signature. Please come with the top half of your form completed. Forms can be submitted in person, via email, or for BASD students you may send a request for your hours to be submitted using the online form. Hours will not be submitted without a request. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure their forms are signed.
Volunteers under 18: must have their parent/guardian complete the Junior Volunteer form and associated waivers. Any volunteer under the age of 18 who arrives at the festival without having submitted this form in advance, or without the form on hand, will not be permitted to volunteer.
Volunteers under 14: must have a parent/guardian volunteer with them. Click HERE to download Junior Volunteer Application form.