All items must be properly examined before they are accepted.
Donate an Object
We are happy to discuss the potential donation of objects or items for the collections of the Historic Bethlehem Museum and Sites!
Acceptance of an item into the collection is based on the following:
- Relevance of the artifact to the history of Moravians, Bethlehem or the Lehigh Valley.
- Condition of the artifact
- Duplication of the artifact in collection
- Adequate storage available for the artifact
- Ability to care for and maintain the artifact
It is at the Curator’s discretion to choose which institution would be best served by the item and matches their collecting policy.
If an item is accepted into the collection, a Deed of Gift will be issued. Donors must sign this form which transfers legal title to the Partnership Institution. Title to all donations will be without restriction by the donor.
In keeping with IRS regulations, the donor must obtain all appraisals from an independent appraiser within one year of donation.
If an item is left at the Partnership under Temporary Custody for review and is found not applicable for the collection, the owner will be notified and will have thirty days to pick-up the item before disposal.
Donate An Object
The following institutions are part of Historic Bethlehem Partnership:
- Burnside Plantation Incorporated
- Historic Bethlehem Incorporated
- Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts
- Moravian Museum of Bethlehem
Individuals who wish to make a potential donation into the collection should please fill out the request form below.
We also appreciate the attachment of an overall image of the item in question, as well as detailed images of any damage, unique characteristics, or maker's marks or signatures.
The Curator will return your request as soon as possible.