Our Library and Archives is one of the best places to research local history and includes:
- Thousands of local photographs from the 19th and 20th-centuries.
- Early city maps and documents
- City directories from the late 1800s through the mid-1900s.
- The finest decorative arts library in Pennsylvania.
The library and archives are located at both the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts at 427 New Street, and the Luckenbach Mill at 459 Old York Road.
We are happy to assist in any research inquiries, and researchers may schedule a personal consultation with our Curator of Collections and Exhibitions, Brett Peters, to receive help with questions related to a subject or genealogical research.
- All research requests should be submitted in writing by contacting Brett Peters.
- Please write a clear and concise description of the information you are seeking on the appropriate form.
- Briefly, indicate what you know about the individual/surname or topic you are investigating.
- List the sources of information that have been consulted so we do not duplicate information.
Historic Bethlehem members with a Family membership or above receive free access to our archives! Learn how you can enjoy the same benefit by becoming a member.