275th Community Heritage Campaign
Celebrate the 275th Anniversary of Bethlehem by helping Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites ensure the future of
Not just another pretty place.
What We Do
Historic Bethlehem preserves, exhibits, and shares the stories that reflect the lives of the people who shaped Bethlehem through 20 historic buildings, 20 acres of land, 60,000 pieces of pottery, 6 gardens, 4 ruins, silver, paintings, furniture, clothing, and more.
In fact, Historic Moravian Bethlehem is a National Historic Landmark District, one of only 8 in Pennsylvania and about 200 across the country, and has two National Historic Landmarks – the 1741 Gemeinhaus and the 1762 Waterworks.
How Can You Help?
|Level||What it represents|
|$27.50||275th Anniversary of the city Bethlehem|
|$60||60,000 artifacts in the HBMS Collection|
|$104||Years Bethlehem remained a closed Moravian community|
|$275||275th Anniversary of the Gemeinhaus|
|$500||Number of acres sold to the Moravians by William Allen|
|$1741||Year that the City of Bethlehem was established|
|$2016||Year that we celebrate 275 years of Bethlehem’s history|
|$3008||94’ x 32’ footprint of the 1741 Gemeinhaus|
|$6000||Number of Dollhouse Pieces at the Kemerer|
By contributing, you can help preserve this legacy.
What am I supporting?
- 1741 Gemeinhaus- the largest 18th century log building in continuous use in the US.
- 1744/1752 Single Sisters' House- home to the Single Sisters through 2007.
- 1758 Nain-Schober House- the only remaining building in the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor built and lived in by Native Americans.
- The 1752 Apothecary- the oldest continuously operated apothecary in the US.
- 1750/1761 Smithy- featuring colonial Blacksmith demonstrations and classes.
- 1761 Tannery- the only 18th century tannery in existence in the US.
- 1762 Waterworks- America's first pumped municipal water system.
- 1782/1834 Miller's House- the first separate residence built for the master of a trade.
- 1869 Luckenbach Mill- a grain and flour mill that became a car parts store in the middle of a junk yard before being rehabilitated and now renovated into the Luckenbach Mill Learning Center.
- The Spring House- a replica of the 1746 log structure used to store vegetables & dairy products.
- The first private farm in the city of Bethlehem.
- Features 1 of only 2 working high horsepower wheels in the US.
- George Washington's papers were stored at the plantation during part of the Revolutionary War.
- Site of the Annual Blueberry Festival & Apple Days.