What's Happening in Historic Bethlehem
Planning out your holiday calendar? Be sure to include these fantastic happenings in Historic Bethlehem.
Join us for workshops, programs, events, exhibitions, and our amazing walking tours.
Museum & Historic Site Hours
Historic Bethlehem Annual Events
Rooms to View: House & Garden Tour
Save the Date: June 7 & 8
Spend the day touring amazing homes around the Lehigh Valley! Explore historic and rustic farmhouses, modern and contemporary townhomes, and lavish country estates. The houses change every year, so there's always something new to see and discover! Take this unique opportunity to delve into the various styles of architecture built locally or imported from all over the world. View breathtaking interior designs and be inspired for your own home decor. Don't forget the lovely gardens - including our very own at the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts where you'll end your day enjoying wine and light refreshments.
Info & Tickets Coming Soon!
On Exhibit November 16, 2018 - January 13, 2019
See the world in a dazzling array of Christmas trees beautifully decorated by the Bethlehem Garden Club and Marche Maison. Journey through four historic sites, each accompanied by a handcrafted Holiday Putz, where over 20 trees will be paired with a piece of art such as a painting, drawing, sculpture, or tapestry. Be amazed by lights, ornaments, and decorations inspired by art and vote for your favorite! Trees of Historic Bethlehem will delight visitors with a unique holiday experience in the heart of Christmas City, USA. Enjoy our annual Trees display as part of your family's holiday tradition or start a new tradition this year. Museum admission to the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts and the Moravian Museum of Bethlehem is included with your Trees of Historic Bethlehem ticket.
Christmas City Combo Ticket on sale through December 23, 2018
On Exhibit September 27, 2018 - February 24, 2019
This fall discover a world of artistic wonder with our amazing collection of rarely displayed sketches and artwork! Learn first-hand how an idea is translated into a beautiful masterpiece through live demonstrations, workshops, still life drawing sessions, and interactive displays. View historic artwork from Gustav Grunewald, Mae Erdman, Joseph & Margaret Cantieni, Emil Gelhaar, and J. Carroll Tobias. Make your own first mark at the Kemerer Museum of Decorative arts by adding to our community sketchbook or chalkboard wall! Kids will have a blast at activity stations where they can learn various art techniques and put them to practice. There's something for everyone, don't miss out!
Historic Bethlehem Tours
- Old Bethlehem Walking Tour: Saturdays & Sundays at 1pm
- Heritage Trail Self-Guided Walking Tour: Tuesdays - Saturdays, 10am - 5pm; Sundays, 11am - 4pm
Bethlehem Steel Tours
Upcoming Programs & Workshops
- Still Life Drawing Sessions: 2nd & 4th Saturdays of the Month, October - February at the KMDA
- Live Artist Demonstrations: Select Sundays from 1PM - 3PM, January - February at the KMDA
- January 13 - Pastel Painter Jacqueline Meyerson
- January 20 - Painter James DePietro
- January 27 - Photographer Richard Begbie
- February 3 - Mosaic and Mixed Media Artist Barbara Kozero
- February 10 - Printmaker Pat Delluva
- Make Your Own Sketch Book: Thursday, February 7, 6pm - 8pm at the KMDA
Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts: Returning in January 13, 2019!
- Museum Storytime - Book reading that relates to a piece from our collection with an artifact show-and-tell.
- Family Room Crafts - Create your own historical crafts like crazy quilts, family trees, calligraphy chart, and more.
- Museum Tours - Kid friendly version with artifact scavenger hunt available!
- Career Corner - Select dates of the year a local professional will talk about design in their career and do a kid-friendly craft.
FREE to attend! Get involved in local history with these programs developed by the Penn State Master Gardeners and local historic groups. Spend a morning or afternoon with your family and friends exploring the beautiful sites of Burnside Plantation while learning about gardening, local fauna, colonial cooking, and the history of the plantation.
- Check back for the 2019 Program schedule!