What's Happening in Historic Bethlehem
Planning out your calendar? Be sure to include these fantastic happenings in Historic Bethlehem.
Join us for workshops, programs, events, exhibitions, and our amazing walking tours.
Museum & Historic Site Hours
Marche Maison Vintage Market Pop-Up Shop
located at the 1810 Goundie House, 501 Main Street
Spring market runs March 16 - May 31
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 10 am - 5 pm
- Thursday: 10 am - 5 pm
- Friday: 10 am - 5 pm
- Saturday: 10 am - 5 pm
- Sunday: 11 am - 4 pm
Historic Bethlehem Annual Events
Rooms to View: House & Garden Tour
Save the Date: June 7 & 8
Spend the day touring amazing homes around the Lehigh Valley! Explore historic and rustic farmhouses, modern and contemporary townhomes, and lavish country estates. The houses change every year, so there's always something new to see and discover! Take this unique opportunity to delve into the various styles of architecture built locally or imported from all over the world. View breathtaking interior designs and be inspired for your own home decor. Don't forget the lovely gardens - including our very own at the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts where you'll end your day enjoying wine and light refreshments.
On Exhibit March 28 - August 18, 2019
5x5 is made up of Printmaker Pat Delluva, Photographer Richard Begbie, Multimedia/Mosaic Artist Barbara Kozero, Oil Painter James DePietro, and Pastel Painter Jacqueline Meyerson.
Over the past year, the 5x5 Artists have conducted research in the Historic Bethlehem Collections, photographing and studying objects. Their unique perspective encourages us to see these artifacts in a new light, as the artists fill in context or focus on details often overlooked. The resulting exhibit consists of over 50 unique works of art, exhibited directly alongside corresponding objects from the Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites Collection. Works are available for sale, and a percentage of those sales goes directly to supporting Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites.
Join us for the Opening Reception on Thursday, March 28 from 6-8pm at the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts!
HBMS Members: FREE, Guests: $15, Students: $5 with valid Student ID. RSVP Today.
On Exhibit July 5 - August 8, 2019
Saturdays & Sundays: 1pm-4pm
See a range of works in various sizes, mediums and styles from artists around the Lehigh Valley. Pieces on display range from sculptures to paintings, sketches to fabric collage.
Join us for the Opening Reception on Friday, July 12 from 5:30-7:30pm at the 1869 Luckenbach Mill!
Historic Bethlehem Tours
- Church & Chapel Walking Tour: February - March, Select Saturdays & Sundays at 1pm
- Heritage Trail Self-Guided Walking Tour: Wednesdays - Saturdays, 10am - 5pm; Sundays, 11am - 4pm
- 1752 Apothecary Tour: April, Saturdays & Sundays at 1pm
Bethlehem Steel Tours
Programs & Workshops
Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts: Every Sunday 1 - 4 pm, now through October 31!
- Museum Storytime - Book reading that relates to a piece from our collection with an artifact show-and-tell.
- Family Room Crafts - Create your own historical crafts like crazy quilts, family trees, calligraphy chart, and more.
- Museum Tours - Kid friendly version with artifact scavenger hunt available!
- Career Corner - Select dates of the year a local professional will talk about design in their career and do a kid-friendly craft.
FREE to attend! Get involved in local history with these programs developed by the Penn State Master Gardeners and local historic groups. Spend a morning or afternoon with your family and friends exploring the beautiful sites of Burnside Plantation while learning about gardening, local fauna, colonial cooking, and the history of the plantation.
- Open Gate Farm Tours- Dates TBD
- Open House & Cooking Demonstration- Dates TBD
- Adult Workshop: Pollinator Garden Certification- Saturday, April 20
- Children's Workshop- Saturday, May 11
- National Pollinator Week Celebration- Saturday, June 22
- Adult Workshop: Bees in the Vegetable Garden- Saturday, August 24
- Children's Workshop: Autumn Leaves- October 26