What's Happening in Historic Bethlehem
Planning out your fall calendar? Be sure to include these fantastic happenings in Historic Bethlehem.
Join us for workshops, programs, events, exhibitions, and our amazing walking tours.
Museum & Historic Site Hours
- Historic Bethlehem Visitor Center: Tuesdays - Saturday, 10am - 5pm; Sunday 11am - 4pm
- Moravian Museum of Bethlehem: Friday & Saturday, 11am - 4pm; Sunday 1pm - 4pm
- Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts: Friday & Saturday, 11am - 4pm; Sunday 1pm - 4pm
- 1810 Goundie House: Tuesdays - Saturday, 11am - 5pm; Sunday 11am - 4pm
- 1750 Smithy: Friday & Saturday, 12pm - 4pm; Sunday 1pm - 4pm
- Burnside Plantation: Open to public from dawn to dusk. Tours given by appointment.
All other historic sites can be toured by appointment: 1.800.360.TOUR
Historic Bethlehem Major Events
Annual Schneider Lecture
Vogue Fashion Show & Talk: How Green is the New Black
Thursday, September 27, 6pm - 9pm
at the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts
Experience an evening dedicated to sustainable style and green fashion industry practices. Enjoy demonstrations, a fashion show, and an artist talk all related to the "slow fashion" movement - a fashion revolution that is picking up speed.
Saturday, November 24 at the Luckenbach Mill
- 8:00 am: Best Pet Costume Contest [REGISTER TODAY]
- 8:40 am: Warm-Up
- 9:00 am: Competitive Runners
- 9:05 am: Competitive Walkers
- 9:10 am: Fun Walkers
On Exhibit September 27, 2018 - February 24, 2019
This fall discover a world of artistic wonder with our amazing collection of rarely displayed sketches and artwork! Learn first-hand how an idea is translated into a beautiful masterpiece through live demonstrations, workshops, still life drawing sessions, and interactive displays. View historic artwork from Gustav Grunewald, Mae Erdman, Joseph & Margaret Cantieni, Emil Gelhaar, and J. Carroll Tobias. Make your own first mark at the Kemerer Museum of Decorative arts by adding to our community sketchbook or chalkboard wall! Kids will have a blast at activity stations where they can learn various art techniques and put them to practice. There's something for everyone, don't miss out!
Historic Bethlehem Tours
- Death & Dying Cemetery Walking Tour: Fridays - Sundays, 3pm
- Old Bethlehem Walking Tour: Fridays - Sundays, 1pm
- Heritage Trail Self-Guided Walking Tour: Tuesdays - Saturdays, 10am - 5pm; Sundays, 11am - 4pm
Bethlehem Steel Tours
Upcoming Programs & Workshops
Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts: Every Sunday, 1pm - 4pm through the end of October
- Museum Storytime - Book reading that relates to a piece from our collection with an artifact show-and-tell.
- Family Room Crafts - Create your own historical crafts like crazy quilts, family trees, calligraphy chart, and more.
- Museum Tours - Kid friendly version with artifact scavenger hunt available!
- Career Corner - Select dates of the year a local professional will talk about design in their career and do a kid-friendly craft.
FREE to attend! Get involved in local history with these programs developed by the Penn State Master Gardeners and local historic groups. Spend a morning or afternoon with your family and friends exploring the beautiful sites of Burnside Plantation while learning about gardening, local fauna, colonial cooking, and the history of the plantation.
- Open Gate Farm Tour: Saturday, September 29, & Sunday, September 30, 1pm - 5pm
- Childrens Workshop: Autumn Leaves of Many Colors: Saturday, October 13, 10am - 11am
- Open House & Colonial Cooking Demonstrations: Saturday, October 13, 11am - 1pm
- Open Gate Farm Tour: Sunday, October 21, 1pm - 5pm
- Burnside Volunteer Garden: Volunteer today!