What's Happening in Historic Bethlehem
Planning out your calendar? Be sure to include these fantastic happenings in Historic Bethlehem.
Join us for workshops, programs, events, exhibitions, and our amazing walking tours.
Museum & Historic Site Hours
Marche Maison Vintage Market Pop-Up Shop
located at the 1810 Goundie House, 501 Main Street
Returning for the summer during Musikfest! Check back for dates and open hours.
Historic Bethlehem Annual Events
Save the Date: July 20 & 21
Known as the Sweetest Festival of the Summer, this weekend-long celebration allows visitors to indulge in everything blueberry!
Join us for live music, kids crafts and activities, live colonial demonstrations, and the best blueberry desserts you've ever had. Adults can enjoy sampling the Lehigh Valley's beer, mead, wine, and more in the Blueberry Brewery Tent! Kids will have a blast with pony rides, petting zoo, Read to Dogs program, and lots of games and activities. You'll find local vendors selling amazing food, accessories, trinkets, and more - many handmade right here in the Lehigh Valley.
We can't wait to see you this year, July 20 & 21!
On Exhibit March 28 - August 18, 2019
5x5 is made up of Printmaker Pat Delluva, Photographer Richard Begbie, Multimedia/Mosaic Artist Barbara Kozero, Oil Painter James DePietro, and Pastel Painter Jacqueline Meyerson.
Over the past year, the 5x5 Artists have conducted research in the Historic Bethlehem Collections, photographing and studying objects. Their unique perspective encourages us to see these artifacts in a new light, as the artists fill in context or focus on details often overlooked. The resulting exhibit consists of over 50 unique works of art, exhibited directly alongside corresponding objects from the Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites Collection. Works are available for sale, and a percentage of those sales goes directly to supporting Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites.
Tickets can be purchased at the Visitor Center or by calling 1.800.360.TOUR
On Exhibit July 5 - August 8, 2019
Saturdays & Sundays: 1pm-4pm
See a range of works in various sizes, mediums and styles from artists around the Lehigh Valley. Pieces on display range from sculptures to paintings, sketches to fabric collage.
Historic Bethlehem Tours
- Heritage Trail Self-Guided Walking Tour: Tuesdays - Saturdays, 10am - 5pm; Sundays, 11am - 4pm
- John Adams Bethlehem Walking Tour: June & July, Saturdays & Sundays, 1pm
- Colonial Industrial Quarter Walking Tour: June & July, Saturdays & Sundays, 3pm
- Old Bethlehem Walking Tour: Fridays, 1pm
Bethlehem Steel Tours
Programs & Workshops
Design After Dark offers a new place to get together with an artistic flair! Hosting trivia nights, beer gardens, documentary film showings, and retro arcades - this is not your typical night at the museum. Dive into history, art, and design while taking a trip down memory lane through local historic trivia and some of your favorite childhood pastimes. Proudly sponsored by Altitude Marketing.
- June 28 - Mario Kart Tournament
- July 5 - John Adams Walking Tour
- July 12 - Lehigh Valley Art Alliance Opening Exhibition at the Luckenbach Mill
- July 19 - Blueberry Festival Preview Night
- July 26 - Half Christmas in the Christmas City
- August 2 - Garden Party at Musikfest
- August 9 - Garden Party at Musikfest
Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts: Every Sunday 1-4 pm, now through October 31!
- Museum Storytime - Book reading that relates to a piece from our collection with an artifact show-and-tell.
- Family Room Crafts - Create your own historical crafts like crazy quilts, family trees, calligraphy chart, and more.
- Museum Tours - Kid friendly version with artifact scavenger hunt available!
- Career Corner - Select dates of the year a local professional will talk about design in their career and do a kid-friendly craft.
FREE to attend! Get involved in local history with these programs developed by the Penn State Master Gardeners and local historic groups. Spend a morning or afternoon with your family and friends exploring the beautiful sites of Burnside Plantation while learning about gardening, local fauna, colonial cooking, and the history of the plantation.
- Adult Workshop: Bees in the Vegetable Garden - Saturday, August 24
- Children's Workshop: Autumn Leaves - Saturday, October 26
Discover how colonial blacksmiths made the intricate hinges, door handles, hooks, and decorative objects you see everywhere in Historic Moravian Bethlehem in Blacksmithing 101.
- Blacksmithing 101 (Beginner)
- Blacksmithing 201 (Intermediate 1)
- Blacksmithing 202 (Intermediate 2)
- Advanced Classes
- Custom Group Classes