Things to do in Historic Bethlehem
Planning out your calendar? Be sure to include these fantastic things to do in Historic Bethlehem.
Join us for workshops, programs, events, exhibitions, and our amazing walking tours.
Museum & Historic Site Hours
Marche Maison Vintage Market Pop-Up Shop
located at the 1810 Goundie House, 501 Main Street
Stop in for a special Sneak Peek Sip & Shop event on Friday, September 13 from 5:30pm - 7:30pm to be the first to see the Marche Maison Vintage Market in all it's new fall fabulousness! Sip wine while you shop the beautifully curated spaces of the historic 1810 Goundie House featuring home decor, accessories, jewelry and more! Meet and take home inspiration from the 3 featured vendors: Marche Maison, Cottage & Bloom, and My 3 Girls.
On Saturday, September 14 from 10am - 5pm, join us for the official Fall Reveal to stock up on fantastic items that will give your own home a unique and beautiful fall ambiance.
Historic Bethlehem Annual Events
Thursday, September 26, 6 - 9pm
Durham Springs, 5065 Lehnenberg Road, Kintnersville, PA 18930
In the realm of handbag design, innovation and originality reigns.
Join us for an evening of celebrating the artistry of the bag. Partake in a pop-up shopping experience, a fashion installation highlighting rare, artist designed/influenced handbags, and even bid to take home your own masterpiece in a silent auction featuring select one-of-a-kind handbags from local artists.
Be sure to bring your best handbag - special prizes will be awarded for the most captivating purses!
Thursday, September 12, 5:00pm - 7:30pm
1869 Luckenbach Mill, 429 Old York Road, Bethlehem, PA 18018
The Lehigh Art Alliance is eager to announce GOT ART!, an exciting evening where everyone gets art! Each artwork (which may include paintings, drawings, collage, jewelry, ceramics or sculpture) is created by LAA members and valued at over $200. Purchase of a $100 ticket earns you admission for two to a wine and hors d’oeuvres reception, and one numbered ticket guaranteed to win a piece of original art. A live drawing will be held — when your ticket number is selected, you get to choose a piece of art from any of the works still available. Every ticket wins. Over 30 artists have contributed beautiful works of art to this event.
Tickets are limited—purchase yours on our website today. https://www.lehighartalliance.org/got-art/
On Exhibit October 11, 2019 - April 30, 2020
Spanning the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries, ranging in style from folk art, to contemporary designer to embroidered. Ilene Hochberg Wood’s collection, which numbers into the thousands, is broken up into sub collections of 150 to ~ 300 purses grouped by material, aesthetic elements, and use.
Explore a timeline of handbags, representing the trends of each decade, displayed alongside corresponding fashions and paired with life-sized graphics from fashion advertisements that visitors can pose alongside.
Tickets can be purchased at the Visitor Center or by calling 1.800.360.TOUR
Historic Bethlehem Tours
- Heritage Trail Self-Guided Walking Tour: Tuesdays - Saturdays, 10am - 5pm; Sundays, 11am - 4pm
- Death & Dying Cemetery Tour: Saturdays & Sundays, 3pm
- Old Bethlehem Walking Tour: Tuesdays - Sundays, 1pm
Bethlehem Steel Tours
Programs & Workshops
Design After Dark offers a new place to get together with an artistic flair! Hosting trivia nights, beer gardens, documentary film showings, and retro arcades - this is not your typical night at the museum. Dive into history, art, and design while taking a trip down memory lane through local historic trivia and some of your favorite childhood pastimes. Proudly sponsored by Altitude Marketing.
- September 6 - Apple Days Preview Night
- September 13 - Fall Favorites (I can't even!) Trivia with Steven Bost
- September 20 - Bars of Bethlehem Walking Tour
- September 27 - TBD
- October 4 - Death & Dying Walking Tour and Tarot Card Reading
- October 11 - TBD
- October 18 - Nighttime Dollhouse Tour
- October 25 - TBD
Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts: Every Sunday 1-4 pm, now through October 31!
- Museum Storytime - Book reading that relates to a piece from our collection with an artifact show-and-tell.
- Family Room Crafts - Create your own historical crafts like crazy quilts, family trees, calligraphy chart, and more.
- Museum Tours - Kid friendly version with artifact scavenger hunt available!
- Career Corner - Select dates of the year a local professional will talk about design in their career and do a kid-friendly craft.
FREE to attend! Get involved in local history with these programs developed by the Penn State Master Gardeners and local historic groups. Spend a morning or afternoon with your family and friends exploring the beautiful sites of Burnside Plantation while learning about gardening, local fauna, colonial cooking, and the history of the plantation.
- Open Gate Farm Tour - Sunday, October 6
- Open Gate Farm Tour - Sunday, October 20
- Children's Workshop: Autumn Leaves - Saturday, October 26
Discover how colonial blacksmiths made the intricate hinges, door handles, hooks, and decorative objects you see everywhere in Historic Moravian Bethlehem in Blacksmithing 101.
- Blacksmithing 101 (Beginner)
- Blacksmithing 201 (Intermediate 1)
- Blacksmithing 202 (Intermediate 2)
- Advanced Classes
- Custom Group Classes